Friday, June 25, 2010

Blame it on the boogie!



I've been listening to MJ's fabulous music all day! Have you too?
After a while I realized I was cracking up because all of these songs are connected to some great memory's. Most of these memories are funny, at least to me. I hope they are not like an inside joke and you get a laugh out of theme too.
If you have a great memory connected to a MJ song please comment.

First there are the misunderstood lyrics. I think this was a wide spread one. In the song "Wanna be startin somthin" rumor had it that during the "Mamma say, mamma saw, mamaco saw" part Michael was really saying "gonna say it from the side of the mountain top".

Then I think one of my cousins told me that they had a friend who thought that the lyrics in "human nature" were "Rice rice something something shoeshine maker" instead of "why why tell them that it's human nature".

I heard some radio personality thought that "Annie are you OK" was "Annie are you walking".

Also the movie "Crooklyn" has a part where they play "never can say goodbye" where a girl is sort of jogging next to the car with her shoulders hunched over as she waves goodbye to her cousin. I have a most hilarious aunt who does an imitation of this scene. Now whenever I hear this melancholy song I crack up.
I could go on and on but really what i'm saying is...

You are missed Michael!







Photo source We Heart It

No comments: