Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Twister!




Today a tornado whipped through the area where I work. It rained profusely. the power flickered and went out in part of the building but not the whole thing. Weird. Then the calls started coming in. Frantic parents wanting to know if we are alright or letting me know that they have know Idea when they will make it there to pick up there kids. I was informed that traffic lights were out everywhere and that trees are down and blocking lots of streets. Later I was informed that the main road I take to get home was shut down. Funny thing is this is not even the most excitement we have had all week. earlier in the week we had another adventure. I can't share this one with you but it was interesting.Anyway My adventure did not end there. As I was leaving my brother in law called me to say there were trees blocking there driveway and the power was out. He asked if I could please pick something for my niece and nephew to eat. Of course I said yes, but with all the traffic lights not working and trees blocking streets I got LOST. My brother in law was able to get his drive cleared and leave to get the kids something to eat before I got unlost.
All I can say is I am glad the week is almost over because I cant take much more excitement.

Now that I have given my spiel look how beautiful the sky was after the rain.

There were also rainbows everywhere.


Here is a picture of My Niece and Nephews street.

I will let you know If I have anymore adventures tomorrow.

Kisses VA

Photos by VA

No comments: